Whichever network you're on, there are a few simple things to ensure you do before carrying out a SIM swap.
- Have your phone with you when you make the request with the network as they'll send you a text initially to start the process
- Keep the old SIM in your phone so you can receive the text
- Make sure you've backed up your exsiting contacts or anything else that's saved to your SIM rather than your device
- Have your new SIM card with you so you can supply the SIM Serial Number (SSN)
- If you got a replacement SIM because your old one was lost, stolen, faulty or damaged, it will already be active. You only need to use this service if you requested a replacement SIM because your old one wouldn’t fit in your new phone.